We are currently looking for a full time experienced social work registered professional to join our dedicated and committed Independent Reviewing Team to undertake Looked After Children statutory case reviews and to develop and maintain a monitoring system for the review process to ensure that statutory obligations and Portfolio procedures are met and followed. You must have experience of providing social work supervision and support.
Duties will include:
• Undertaking Looked After Children Statutory Case reviews, ensuring that the statutory and regulatory requirements of the Independent Reviewing Service is effectively delivered and managed.
• Ensuring that young people are enabled to express their views in appropriate settings
• Ensuring the development of high quality practice for reviewing that meets national and locally set performance targets
• Monitoring the quality and progress of child protection and care plans and challenging practice that does not meet required national and local standards using the appropriate monitoring and escalation protocols
• Attending regular team meetings, contributing to service development, attending supervision and taking responsibility for professional development
• Contributing to staff training in respect of child protection and looked after children processes
• Contributing to policy making and producing procedures for the service
• Contributing to a programme of regular auditing as required
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of working with Children
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*