3 x QSW full time required for the CWD Inclusion Service across North, South and East districts.
Lancashire County Council Children with Disability Team is a progressive and innovative place to come and work for embracing strengths-based approaches and in depth multi agency working, always determined to achieve the best for the children and families we support. There have a range of exciting opportunities available across our social work team as we have finalised the new Children with Disabilities structure, working with positive changes and developments in our service. The Children with Disabilities team is a specialist service holding a variety of experts in managing children with complex needs. We require support from three agency social workers for a time limited period to support the teams in transitioning to the new structure whist an external recruitment drive is ongoing. The initial contract would be for three months. Social work is both challenging and rewarding, but to ensure it is more rewarding and you are able to make a positive difference in the lives of children and young people we understand the importance of the right support, a healthy work-life balance and a manageable caseload.
Within the Inclusion Service, the Children with Disabilities social work team is a generic team offering a wide range of experiences and social work practices and the opportunity to make a real difference through supporting children and young people with disabilities and their families. We strive towards workers having a more manageable caseload, offering the best training and support and increasing the range of services we offer to ensure our Social Workers make a positive impact on a daily basis. The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a ‘disclosure'. You must be registered (Social Work England) to be appointed as an agency Social Worker. You will be required to provide a car for use in connection with the duties of this post and must be insured for business use. However, we may consider you if you cannot drive because of a disability.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**