We are looking to recruit highly motivated and committed individuals who can make a positive difference to children, young people and families in Wrexham. It is an exciting time to join Wrexham with a dedicated and supportive senior leadership team. The service has adopted a strengths based approach along with a strong focus on the voice of the child and early help within family support. The social worker would be expected to model core social worker values, best practice and a strong commitment to continuous improvement of the service.
As a social worker in the Assessment and Intervention Team, you will be a part of a small friendly, close and supportive team that benefits from regular reflective supervision. Part of the role is to undertake care and support assessment and sect 47 investigations with an opportunity to undertake direct work with children and families. Benefits include manageable caseloads, excellent training and career development opportunities and flexible working to manage your own diary.
There will be a minimum of 10 days training per year. Our learning opportunities are designed to enhance direct social work practice. Flexible working arrangements are in place and staff will agree a mix of office base and home working with their managers.
Wrexham Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to a safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Applicants should be aware that posts working with children and young people are subject to an enhance DBS and further employment checks. All successful applicants will be required to register with Social Care Wales Wrexham has a positive approach to flexible working
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**