The Children with Disabilities Team manages cases where disability is the overriding factor to consider with regards to outcomes and impact for the child. One of our functions is to assess and offer appropriate short break services to children who have a diagnosed disability and/or complex health needs and their families. However some disabled children are also in need of safeguarding and in these cases we also manage children in the child protection process including Child Protection Conference, Public Law Outline and Proceedings.
What else does the team offer.
A number of the children that are held by our team are Cared for Children, both on Full Care Orders and section 20 agreements. These children are managed under Care Planning and Fostering Regulations with oversight of an Independent Reviewing Officer.
How does the team work.
The team is made up of a manager, an Advanced Practitioner six social work posts (one of which is two part time posts) and two social care workers.
The Children with Disabilities Team sits within the Early Help and Schools Department and we work alongside our SEN, RAN, Ed Psych and HI and VI Team colleagues
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**