Our client is recruiting for a Registered Manager for a Young Peoples Service in St Helens.
To take responsibility as Registered Manager of a Children’s home. To manage all aspects in the day to day running of the Home. Promoting a caring environment which provides young people with a high standard of care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice are met. To supervise, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to the young people.
• To manage the day to day running of all aspects of the service including; the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training issues, communication with the team.
• To lead a team of staff and promote a positive, caring environment in which young people can achieve their individual targets.
• To recognise and assess individual’s needs, involving relatives where needed, in order to formulate personalised support plans for each young person alongside the Key worker.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements relevant to the home including HACCP, COSHH, Health and Safety.
• To ensure the home is fully compliant with requirements for registration with Ofsted and to ensure continued development of good practice within the home.
• To liaise professionally with partner agencies and commissioning bodies when required.
• To undertake the monitoring of regular and periodic quality assurance systems such as monthly reports, risk assessments, care plans, move on plans etc. This list is not exhaustive and specific management tasks are outlined and detailed in policy and procedure. • To monitor alongside the director staff sickness and holidays allocation.
• To play a role in the safeguarding of young people through the regular supervision of staff and monitoring safeguarding concerns raised.
• To co-ordinate the day to day allocation of work amongst the team.
• To facilitate regular team meetings and planning meetings with the staff team.
• To attend management meetings as an active member offering performance related feedback on staff issues.
• To supervise a team of staff on a regular basis.
To be responsible for the day To attend meet to day monitoring of health and safety amongst the staff team. ings relevant to the post.
To undertake any other duties relevant to the post of residential manager as necessitated by the company.