3 years reference, gaps in employment history checked, any relevant quals as per JDPS
Social Workers Required – Adult MASH – Manchester City Council
Require 3 x SW positions.
Hybrid Working and Office Based – free car parking on site. Monday -Friday.
The MASH deal with new safeguarding concerns that are received by the council, where someone is concerned about the safety or well-being of an adult, or thinks they might be at risk of harm.
Within the MASH, information from different agencies will be collated and used to decide what action to take. As a result, the agencies will be able to act quickly in a co-ordinated in a consistent way, ensuring that at adults at risk are kept safe.
The MASH Team constitutes representatives from the City Council, Police, Health, IDVA working together in the same location. There are also links with virtual partners and services and agencies such as Mental health, probation, housing services.
Good knowledge of Safeguarding Legislation and principles under the Care Act 2014 is key to this role. Being able to effectively manage a caseload of a high level of complexity is also key, along with knowledge of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act , Making Safeguarding Personal and ensuring effective support to the adults with care and support needs is sustained.
Good, time management, record keeping, and report writing is essential. There is also an expectation to support with duty/screening the initial referrals. This will be on a rota basis.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**