Temporary position to start ASAP for at least 6 weeks with the possibility of this turning into a permanent position.
Mon to Fri. core hours 8am to 6pm (7 hours per day within these times) Hybrid Working
Properties in BRENT AND ENFIELD
PURPOSE: To be responsible for delivering the day to day support to our specialised supported housing services across the UK.
REPORTS TO: Head of Housing
The purpose of this post:
To provide an excellent customer focused service for all OUR CLIENTS tenants in vulnerable circumstances ensuring that care and support housing schemes and properties are well managed, and the environment is well maintained. Working proactively and closely withh tenants, the Housing Manager and support agencies to address environmental, property and tenancy issues ensuring tenancies are sustained. To develop local knowledge of the communities and neighborhoods in which our supported housing schemes operate and establish partnerships to meet the needs of tenants and the community. To work closely with our support and care providers in our care and support housing schemes. To support tenants in conjunction with the Housing Manager. Through the assessment and understanding of tenants needs and desired outcomes to contribute to the development and implementation of tenancy support plans.
What is the focus:
· Effectively support tenants and achieve positive outcomes
· Work closely with a range of internal colleagues and external organisations to ensure tenants can maintain their tenancies
· Working closely with team colleagues to enable excellent customer service
· To assist service users to move towards greater levels of community integration and enhanced independent living
1. Provide assistance and advice to tenants, taking appropriate action where required.
2. Through close and regular contact with tenants, identify and assist tenants in vulnerable circumstances, referring them on to other relevant agencies and monitoring these services to enable the tenant to sustain their tenancy.
3. Report maintenance issues
4. Assist and support with claiming housing benefit.
5. Report ASB, nuisance, harassment, domestic violence anti-social behaviour in line with OUR CLIENTS procedures and current best practice.
6. Assist tenants in completing transfer applications. Writing transfer reports with a clear assessment of the circumstances and recommendation.
7. Report complaints, expressions of dissatisfaction and informal comments about service delivery.
8. Respond to emergency calls from tenants, care providers and OUR CLIENTS staff and summon appropriate assistance as necessary.
9. Report all accidents in accordance with agreed procedure.
Liaison and Tenant Involvement
10. Proactively work in partnership with the internal team, care providers, social workers and other agencies.
11. Attend joint professional’s meetings to discuss individual cases
12. Ensure tenants are effectively consulted over decisions that affect them.
13. Draw up effective liaison and partnership arrangements with other external agencies such as other housing benefit officers, the police, local authorities and voluntary agencies.
14. Arrange, attend and play a lead role (including Chairing if necessary) at tenant’s meetings.
15. To ensure excellent services are provided to OUR CLIENTS tenants, through close liaison with all concerned parties.
16. Take part in the opening of new or redeveloped schemes
17. To provide a customer focused tenancy support service to tenants to enable them to maintain their tenancies and live independently within their homes.
18. To plan budgets with tenants to ensure rent is prioritised and reduce risk to loss of accommodation.
19. To provide intensive housing management support aimed at reducing the risk of loss of accommodation by tenants
20. To promote effective communication between our client and its residents and encourage opportunities for tenants’ participation, community development and the formation of residents’ meetings.
21. To identify asset improvements which will add value to tenants lives
22. To contribute to the review and implementation of policy and procedures, liaising with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure tenants support needs are met
23. To ensure the provision of appropriate support to residents on income maximisation and benefit entitlement
24. To provide effective support and assistance on financial inclusion issues in line with current legislation, case law and best practice
25. To liaise with other agencies such as the Benefits Agency, utility providers, and where appropriate, assist with and attend reviews and appeal hearings
26. To develop and implement a broad range of pro-active solutions to help sustain tenancies, identifying areas of preventative work
27. Provide tailored support to tenants using the information supplied in their tenancy support plan
28. Review tenancy support plan every 3 months
29. Use outcome stars in conjunction with tenancy support plan to monitor progress
30. Provide an excellent customer focused service for all OUR CLIENTS tenants ensuring they are aware of their responsibility to pay their rent and service charges on time and regularly and advise on preventative action to be taken to stop them falling into arrears. Work with care providers to resolve rent arrears issues, including advising and assisting tenants to claim housing and welfare benefit entitlements.
31. Keep up to date on housing related benefits and advise tenants on these. Complete housing benefit claim forms on behalf of tenants and verify claims on behalf of the Local Authority.
32. Work with Housing Manager to assist with rent arrears and service charge statements and proactively work to resolve arrears issues. Report all follow up activity and resolutions for rent arrears.
33. Provide all daily, weekly and monthly reports to the OUR CLIENTS management team.
34. Able to work independently and have excellent time management and communication skills. Good problem solving and people skills.
35. Record all interactions with tenants on our Housing Management system
How will the post holder know if they are performing?
A number of performance targets will be planned and agreed each year with the housing manager, and these will be monitored at regular meetings. Regular feedback will be provided by the housing manager and opportunity provided to discuss any problems, personal and team matters and personal development issues.
The post holder will be expected to comply with OUR CLIENTS policies and procedures at all times. These include, but are not limited to equality and diversity, confidentiality, data protection and health and safety.
In order to do this job, the post holder will be trained and coached in OUR CLIENTS procedures and policies. They will be expected to familiarise themselves with the procedures and policies and to seek advice and guidance from the housing manager if required.
The key tasks listed above are only an indication of the main tasks required to be performed. It is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be subject to amendment to take account of changing circumstances. Any changes will be discussed with the job holder. The post holder will remain co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post and OUR CLIENTS
This role provides regulated activities under the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Therefore, post holders are required to undertake a regular DBS check to ensure anyone who presents a known risk is prevented from working with vulnerable people.
This role is full time.
You must have:
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**