This post is for a full time agency social worker within the Children in Care Team within Barnsley MBC. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a Children in Care Team or Safeguarding. Team within statutory social work. They will be able to undertake the follows tasks;
• Work in partnership with children, young people and their families/carers and, through building effective relationships, to elicit their needs and views and promote participation in decision making. Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex or high risk situations, applying an understanding of the benefits and limitations of partnership work.
• Undertake assessments in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures for the service. Anticipate, assess and manage risk to children and young people in more complex situations and produce high quality assessments.
• Plan, implement and review a range of interventions for children, young people, families/carers in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service.
• Manage a workload independently, establishing a network of internal and external colleagues from whom to seek advice and expertise. Model and help others with effective workload management skills.
• Make pro-active use of supervision to support effective practice, reflection and to meet the objectives of Professional Development Reviews.
• Maintain accurate, up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures. Produce succinct, well-structured records and reports, clearly recording and reporting analysis and judgements.
• Pro-actively engage with colleagues and a range of organisations to identify, assess, plan for and support the needs of children, young people, families/carers in order to promote positive change and independence, whilst demonstrating confident and effective judgement about risk to children and young people.
• Be part of the Duty system that operates within the team.
• Ability to undertake any travel in connection with post duties
• Willing to work flexibly in accordance with the policies and procedures to meet the operational needs of the council
• Work in accordance with the Council’s values and behaviours
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**