In Dudley, Early Help is a strategic priority. We’ve transformed and improved the way we provide services for children, young people and families by adopting new and innovative ways of working. You can read more about our plans in our EARLY HELP STRATEGY Within Early Help there is recognition it is better to identify problems early and intervene effectively to prevent escalation rather than responding only when the difficulty has become so acute so as to demand action. This vital and challenging work is delivered locally in Dudley through our Family Solutions Team where services have been designed to promote resilience, not reliance. We provide families, communities and local organisations with the help they need to support all children and young people to do well and to stay safe. We are looking for professionals who have a history of working within family support, youth or social care services to promote better outcomes for children and families by reducing the risk of admission/readmission into care and where possible reduce intervention from Social Care via our Early Help Offer. In bringing our plans to life we are seeking to recruit a full-time Advanced Social Work Practitioner – (Family Centre). The role will be varied, managing 6 EHSW’s based in our Family Centres and a Co-ordinator on the EH Desk located in the MASH, all which you will have direct line responsibility, with no case holding responsibility. Ideally, you will have some experience working within MASH, but not essential, however, you should have demonstratable skills in managing a small team, developing and ensuring high quality practice and the ability to make safe and often complex decisions. As an Advanced Social Worker within Early Help, you can expect: • A comprehensive learning and development package • High quality professional supervision • Supportive and collaborative team working • Excellent progression opportunities • A new streamlined IT system to which training will be given. This post requires you to maintain your registration with Social Work England. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**