Social Care Direct is the initial point of contact for all referrals to Wakefield Adult Social Care. We looking to recruit someone who has a variety of experience working in adult social care. The work is fast paced and varied. We triage new referrals and provide signposting, advice and information or pass to other teams. The work would involve responding to safeguarding concerns, requests for social care assessments and general queries. The team does not case hold and most of the work is done over the phone with a high turn over of queries so it is important that any candidates enjoy dealing with this sort of work. The role would also involve some evening and weekend work, including working till 7pm on some occasions. We can discuss the details of this further with any candidate. We are able to offer flexibility around homeworking and office working. We are currently based in central Wakefield but are due to move to Castleford.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults.
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**