We have fantastic opportunities for Social Workers to come and join us in our Neighbourhood teams at Tameside Children’s Services.
Here’s just some of the reasons why you should choose Tameside:
- We offer excellent rates of pay
- We offer flexible working, including part time hours
- We have an excellent induction programme for all our new staff
- The peer support in Tameside is second to none
- All staff receive regular supervision and work in a supportive culture
- We listen to our staff and act on feedback in a variety of ways through having regular team meetings, employee engagement sessions and staff surveys.
- We have a comprehensive workforce development programme which provides lots of opportunities to help staff grow
- Staff are provided with the technology, including a laptop and mobile phone to enable flexible working
- Direct supported by a Practice Manager and also two Team Managers in each of our Neighbourhood teams.
Don’t just take our word for it!
Here’s what one of our agency social workers says about working in Tameside Children’s Services:
“I have only worked at Tameside since July and I already know that I would like to secure a permanent post here in the future. I love the friendly culture of the team and strong leadership from the Managers. A workplace that understands my own family commitments is important to me and at Tameside the flexible working system ensures I still have a good work life balance. Also the office car parking is an added bonus “
You will be joining a neighbourhood Social Work team and hold a varied case load ranging from initial assessment, direct work with children and families, court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans
You will work on a duty rota one in every 3 weeks and have the autonomy in managing your diary
Further great reasons to work in Tameside
Tameside is a forward-looking borough to the east of Greater Manchester. It embraces nine towns each with its own identity and personality. The borough is an attractive place to live, combining a mix of urban and rural landscapes that include historic market towns, a canal network and industrial heritage areas.
The borough is vibrant and well connected with plenty to offer its residents, including:
- Great schools and colleges.
- Excellent public transport connections across the region.
- Affordable housing in a range of urban and rural locations.
- Stunning countryside all within a short train journey from Manchester city centre.
- The peak district is only a short drive away too!
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children’s
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**