We require a qualified social worker to work within the 16+ Team through the county.
***£34 ph Ltd (negotiable/depending on experience). Plus a contribution towards travel and accommodation expenses subject to negotiation***
Cornwall Council’s Children and Family Services deliver effective frontline services that safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. Our social workers are innovative, positive and dedicated to make a real difference. Team Managers ensure regular reflective supervision and our training package is second to none.
Cornwall is a beautiful part of the Country whereby you can enjoy a healthy work life balance.
The successful candidate should have experience of statutory social work with children and young people including children in care and/or care leavers. They will be expected to have excellent communication skills with young people; a working knowledge of the issues which effect children in care and care leavers; and an ability to work with young people of differing backgrounds and needs effectively in the community. Knowledge of working with Unaccompanied Asylym Seeking children would be an advantage. They will be expected to work in partnership with a number of different agencies in order to lead on Care Planning; CIC review and Pathway Planning. They will be responsible for undertaking a lead statutory role for the children in care and care leavers allocated to them. They should have the ability to be autonomous and lone work. They should have good assessment and analytical skills which include the ability to risk assess and draw up risk management plans. They will also work alongside Personal Advisors within the team which will involve managing your own diary and caseload. You will be expected to be IT literate. The candidate should be able to drive and have access to their own transport, although Cornwall Council does have Pool cars which are bookable. The role is initially for three months with the possibility of being reviewed for extension.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**