The post holder will have at least 5 years post qualifying experience, be able display and promote restorative practice whilst demonstrating enthusiasm and passion for protecting children and young people across the city.
To do this you will:
• Chair Initial and Review Child Protection Conferences using the Signs of Safety for CP and resilience framework
• Will be proactive in your responsibilities towards ensuring best outcomes for children and young people subject to child protection including driving multi-agency challenge utilising the outcome resolution and escalation procedures.
• Offer expert advice, support, consultation, and mediation on practice issues to Children’s Services staff on individual cases. This may include facilitating the use of multi-agency practice tools to support plan progression and restorative family meetings where having an independent Chair would support communication and plan formulation.
• Demonstrate substantial experience in work with children and families, including Child Protection, Child in Need, looked after Children and all aspects of care proceedings including supervision orders.
• Support across the unit when required chairing meetings following allegations of abusive practice made against professionals, foster careers, or volunteers and to assist the LADO when required
• Chair inter-agency strategy meetings in respect of specific child protection matters such as, Forced Marriage, Fabricated Illness, Female Genital Mutilation, Sexually Harmful Behaviours Planning meetings and Trafficking
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**