We are seeking to appoint a social care worker to join the Cared For Children Service. Working within the Cared for children Teams, you will:
• Assess the needs of individual children & their families for social care service
• Design & arrange for the provision of appropriate care service
• Provide direct social work assistance to children & families
• Establish & develop effective collaborative working relationships with other agencies in pursuance of effective service position.
The successful candidate will:
• Manage a case load as directed
• Effectively review & plan work with children & families.
• Maintain records of work undertaken, case notes etc & to produce reports etc in accordance with established administrative policies & procedures.
• In conjunction with children, young people, their parents & carers, design packages of family support & to review & monitor these packages at regular intervals & adjust accordingly.
• To provide a direct advice, support & counselling service to enable families to stay together wherever possible.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**