To carry out a range of tasks in support of, or the delivery of, the service.
Scope of Work
Role holders will undertake a range of routine procedures and use associated tools and equipment. Some personal initiative may be required.
The following are a range of duties that are appropriate to this grade. The Operational Context Form will specify duties appropriate for the role.
§ Solve straightforward problems; or
§ Exchange routine information with members of the public; or
§ Carefully use expensive equipment; or
§ Handle and process information; or
§ Instruct, and check the work of, others; or
§ Personal care tasks such as the administration of prescribed medication or the provision of support to passengers who require physical or medical intervention.
Skills, knowledge and experience
§ Experience or the ability to demonstrate the competence to carry out of the job.
§ Possession of, or the ability to demonstrate the capability to gain, relevant certificates of competence or equivalent where applicable.
§ The ability to work without close supervision.
In addition to the skills, knowledge and experience described above, you may be required to undertake a lower graded role as appropriate.
§ Completion of tasks to required standards and deadlines.
Scope of Work:
The core value of Adult Services – Older People Service is to promote Dignity in Care, independence, and respect whilst providing high quality and competitive residential and day care for older people. The organisation aims to be the first choice provider of care services in the Lancashire area.
The purpose of this job is to provide personal care and general support to older people and people with dementia who need long term residential care.
- Physical tasks include: washing, dressing, bathing and feeding clients, including those with special needs arising from physical or mental deterioration
- Social duties include: talking to and motivating clients, helping clients to maintain contact with family and community, assisting with shopping, and organising group social activities
- Assisting in the creation of a supportive and homely atmosphere where clients can achieve maximum independence
- Co-operating with domestic staff to best meet the personal needs of the client
- Where appropriate, contributing to the establishment records, including support plans
- Escorting clients outside the establishment as required, e.g. to hospital, opticians etc
- Attending relevant training courses as agreed with the management staff
- Acting in a general supervisory capacity with students and volunteers
- Assisting with laundry duties and care of client’s items including emptying and cleaning commodes, making and changing beds, cleaning and tidying lockers
- Caring for the dying and attending to the needs of the deceased person and their relatives
- Assisting management with the administration of medication
You must have:
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 3 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**