This is an experienced practitioner role. With specific responsibilities for dealing with more complex cases, including assessment and appropriate management of risks and providing casework supervisions to other team members. Work with service users and other stakeholders to assist service planning.
· Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
· Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
· Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
· Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
· Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
· Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
· Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
· Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
· Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
· Recognised by peers as a source of reliable knowledge and advise others.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**