We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to join our Child to Adult Team. Knowledge of working with children and their families is essential.
Our Child to Adult Team works closely with both Children’s and Adult Services Teams, as well as external partners in Health, Education and Specialist Respite and Support Services. You will join an established and supportive team that operate across both Children’s and Adult Services remit and will take responsibility for ensuring policies and processes are formulated and adhered to. The Child to Adult Team supports Children & Young People with disabilities & their families consistently through transition into the adult social care arena up to the age of 25, as a result caseloads held within this team are often diverse and complex, requiring highly knowledgeable and skilled practitioners to work closely with families to achieve the positive outcomes that will change with the needs and age of the child. We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic practitioner who is passionate about supporting families to achieve the outcomes that matter to them. As a team we pride ourselves on our compassionate person centred ethos and our ability to build relationships with the people we work with to ensure effective long term partnerships.
The role requires evidence of effective knowledge of current practices and the expectations of social services in the matter of applied legal and practical skills, this will include specialist knowledge of legislation and practice linked to disability. Working with a wide variety of agencies and professionals the role requires commitment, flexibility and a thorough understanding of all relevant standards and the Social Services and Well Being Act (2014) Wales. The role demands the ability to build effective relationships with social services teams and forge strong collaborative partnerships with other agencies. In addition, the successful candidate will evidence a passion and determination to meet the demands of this role The ability to speak Welsh is Desirable Successful candidates must be registered with Care Council for Wales and as this post will result in you having substantial contact with children, and/or vulnerable adults and will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services check.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**