ROLE: Children’s Social Worker
CONTRACT: 3 months with potential to be extended
RATE: £25+ph umbrella tbc
QUALS: Social Work degree and SWE registration
Job Overview: To be responsible for a complex caseload which includes the assessment of needs and management of risk regarding children, their families and carers. Maintain and update case notes and other records, write reports as required and if required, give evidence in court in relation to care or other proceedings. Contribute to planning and developing of future services and policies and promote innovative ways of developing support to service users. Supervise students and develop the practice learning setting. Give guidance to trainees, support staff and social work assistants as required.
Carry out the role and responsibilities of key worker for a caseload which will include complex and statutory work.
Undertake assessment, planning and reviewing of work concerning children in need, children subject to child protection plans and children who are looked after in care.
Working restoratively to develop and maintain effective relationships with children and young people, their families and carers to achieve positive outcomes.
Participate in arrangements to receive, screen and respond to requests for service and referrals
Work with children and young people, families and carers to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
Where necessary work in the court arena with appropriate support to obtain and implement court orders
Plan and commission services and support for children, young people and their families
Contribute to the development of practice and services through participation in workshops, and consultations.
Undertake preventative work with families in order to reduce the need for children to become looked after in care.
Work with relevant agencies, including the convening and chairing of meetings.
Work to be undertaken with supervision and guidance from the Team Manager.
To undertake the Practice Educator Level 2 role and assess and manage the work of social work students.
Promote the right to advocacy to all children and young people on their case load, and offer full information on how to make complaints.
Being available for young people to contact and respond to phone calls/call them back promptly.
Make young people aware of whom they can contact outside office hours.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**