We focus on safeguarding children and improving their outcomes, Join us on our improvement journey
As an Agency Social Worker within our Assessment and Support Team you will have a keen interest in those children in need of help and protection. As a Social Worker within the team you would be responsible for providing a quality service to our children in need of support and protection. The team completes Child and Family Assessments, Section 47 enquiries and initiate care applications where required, as well as providing short term packages of support under child in need.
•As a Social Worker within the team you will be supported to provide the very best service for children with a reduced case load. You will have the opportunity to work intensively with families utilising a strength based approach to practice that is creative and innovative and enables families to develop resilience and sustainability. You will strive to improve outcomes and the lived experience of our children.
•The quality of practice will be supported by regular supervision, excellent training opportunities and tools and resources readily available to assist in your day to day work. Blackpool wants social workers who are passionate, committed and who want to do the best they can.
We are confident that with your support, we will provide good social care services to our children in Blackpool, as set out in our Improvement Plan. In return we ask that you bring your dedication, skills and your own commitment to help us support children to be safe and improve their outcomes.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**