Social Worker Children CHILDREN FIRST PARTNERSHIP HUB (MASH)
• You will work with a complex and diverse range of needs and risks within the Children First Partnership Hub (MAST); and making effective and timely decisions involving child protection, child in need and Early Help/Start Well interventions.
• You will be structured and have good organisational skills to work under strict deadlines and pressure while balancing safety and risk management to ensure safe decisions are made to protect the most vulnerable residents of Wigan MBC.
• When working with Children First Partnership Hub (MAST) as the first point of contact, you will be screening Contact Records/ MASH Referral Forms using Liquid Logic as well as providing advice and guidance to our CAROs, professionals and residents of Wigan MBC to secure positive outcomes for children and families.
• Using Signs of Safety as a risk assessment tool, you will be making evidence based, clear, and logical decisions about levels of need, identifying appropriate interventions, and making appropriate recommendations for pathway and support.
• You will be working within Children First Partnership Hub MASH to deliver a collaborative service and information sharing to ensure safe decision making on referrals/contacts received.
• You will be working in accordance with Wigan MBC safeguarding procedures in the identification and protection of vulnerable children to provide appropriate and tailored services.
• You will be dealing with crisis situations in families by identifying and ensuring safe decisions and care plans for vulnerable members of the community.
• You will plan and organise appropriate range of services, ensuring liaison and negotiation with other professionals statutory, and community resources to advocate best service provision for the children and their families. This responsibility requires tact and diplomacy and good negotiation skills to ‘source' for appropriate services to address our vulnerable residents’ needs.
• You will undertake short court report writing, information sharing with other Local Authorities and partner agencies such as Probation, Cafcass and general tasks in relation to responding to statutory information requests.
• You will work within a statutory setting and Performance Management Framework to secure positive outcomes to meet Children and Families’ needs.
• You will be responsible for accurate recording of information to justify decisions, while evidencing multi-agency liaison.
• You will be responsible for collating information from Children First Partnership Hub (MAST)’s partner agencies, work in partnership with parents and young persons to inform your decision making and to identify most appropriate service for the MBC Children and Families.
• You will be expected to work to statutory timescales and presenting a seamless referral process, production of high quality and evidence-based and research-based referrals to justify service provision to Wigan MBC vulnerable children and their families.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**