Our Permanence Team is a well-resourced team dedicated to supporting children and young people where care proceedings have been concluded and stability and permanency is a priority. Our Social Workers carry smaller caseload to support a child- focused, responsive and consistent approach. We value the right to family life and are involved in proceedings including Discharge of Care Orders and Special Guardianship Orders, as well as acting as corporate parent to children and young people in our care.
A significant part of the role will be to champion practice development by mentoring, guiding and developing less experienced social workers, and contributing to a highly skilled and effective workforce. You will work closely with the Principal Social Worker to focus on the quality of practice utilising the latest research, theories and tools to build children and young people’s resilience.
To have responsibility for a caseload, including cases which can be of a complex and challenging nature. To assist in the supervision and/or support of staff, including conducting formal supervision sessions and giving technical advice and guidance to staff. To continue to develop professionally, and be accountable for the delivery of, and promote, social work good practice.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**