The Team Manager for the Fostering Support Team
You will lead a busy team providing supervision and support to recruited foster carers, and supported lodgings hosts. The team includes an award winning Mockingbird scheme which is developing a third hub. This is an exciting time of development and innovation. We are embedding a therapeutic approach in our work, developing our out of hours support and working with our foster carers to ensure we are all focused on what our children need. The team comprises of two Advanced Practitioners, 10 supervising social workers and 5 support workers, one supported lodgings co-ordinator as well as a Mockingbird project manager and liaison worker.
The manager of the team will be required to continue to develop a culture that ensures we provide good quality, responsive support and challenge to our foster carers to safeguard our children and promote learning and development for our foster carers. They will work in a leadership team with advanced practitioners and team managers for fostering recruitment and family and friends assessment and support.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**