• Experience of working in a customer service environment.
• Good interpersonal skills orally and verbally.
• Confidence in supporting, instructing, and coaching customers in using ICT services and systems.
• Ability to pro-actively engage with customers, assess individual wants / needs and to supply information of all types on a wide range of topics.
• Ability to provide & maintain knowledge of a range of information and advice resources and services.
• Ability to maintain and share enthusiasm for signposting to advice services.
• Ability to develop & maintain knowledge of different cultures and the particular needs of diverse client groups.
• Ability to handle and defuse potentially awkward/difficult situations in a public setting.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to make effective decisions.
• Numerate and methodical, with effective organisational skills.
• To assist the Team Leader and colleagues to take charge of the reception or unit as required working collaboratively and supporting each other.
• Capable of lifting and handling.
• ECDL qualification or equivalent (Desirable)
• Knowledge of a range of public services.
• Understands and actively supports Stockport Council’s diversity and equality policy.
• To meet Stockport Council’s standard of attendance.
• A willingness to be flexible in a changing environment.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**