5 years reference, gaps in employment history checked, any relevant quals as per JDPS
Social Worker with at least 6 month recent experience of Court work (reports, working within statutory deadlines, etc) within a Safeguarding Team. Caseload will be across Bolton with office base at Castle Hill.
Flexible working in place- balance between working from home/office and statutory visits and court work to meet the needs of the service
Free on site parking at office base
See attached Job Description for full job description
Interviews for successful candidates will be conducted via Microsoft Teams and references will be requested for any candidates offered an interview
Replacement order for Agency worker leaving on 29/07/22
The provision of a purposeful, professional social work service to children in need, children subject to child protection and care proceedings and their families, including the assessment of their needs, in accordance with statutory requirements, court timetables and Departmental policies.
To develop professional skills in working with children and young people to understand their journey, day-to-day life and to promote their voice through direct work and recording of this.
To complete assessments of children and their families, utilising the Assessment Framework, other assessment tools, theory and research to underpin this. Alongside developing skills in understanding and managing risk.
To devise SMART plans and develop strategies of intervention with parents and carers to promote positive outcomes.
To work directly with service users employing a range of social work knowledge, skills, methods and techniques.
To assess, evaluate and review programmes of work with service users, including the coordination and organisation of services both within and outside the Department.
To work with Legal Services and the Courts, including the production of reports within agreed timescales.
To contribute to the planning and development of the Team’s and the Department’s services to children and families, as required and as appropriate.
To provide professional knowledge, ideas, advice, evaluation and information to assist in the Department’s planning and development activities and to contribute to policies and standards.
To maintain appropriate case recordings applicable to the service provided to service users in accordance with requirements of GDPR, the Liquid Logic system and the administration system.
To attend reviews, case conferences, child action meetings and court related meetings and be able to present a summary of information as the Lead Professional or Chair and provide the appropriate advice, information and support to such forums.
To complete visits to children and families within the guidelines of the Departments policies and procedures and ensure these are recorded promptly.
To plan, implement and review care plans for children looked after to ensure permanence plans are in place.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**