ROLE: Family Support Worker
CONTRACTS: 2/3 months with potential to be extended
PAY RATE: £11ph + approx umbrella
QUALS: Level 3 Health & Social Care
• To carry out the responsibilities and duties for looked after children in line with the Leaving Care Act (2000) and the Children Act (1989) whilst acting as an advocate for young people.
• To promote the involvement of young people in all aspects of service delivery and pathway planning and develop and maintain relationships with young people who are or have been looked after.
• To ensure files and records are accurately maintained, reflecting partnerships with families. In accordance with council policies and procedures.
• You will need to manage a caseload effectively, ensuring provision of written electronic records in line with the council’s systems.
Working as part of a team undertaking direct work with children and families, to promote and safeguard their welfare, in accordance with their appropriate plans and strategies.
To work with young people aged 16 yrs – 25 yrs who are or have been looked after or accommodated by a Local Authority in order to assist them to live an independent life in their community
Working in an anti-oppressive way and ensuring equality of opportunity to ensure that young people receive appropriate levels of support
What’s on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 2 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**