Role: IDVA (Independent Domestic Violence Advocate)
Qualification: CAADA/SafeLives qualification is desirable
Start date ASAP
Oldham Council are recruiting for a specialist Domestic Violence Advocate. We are looking for an experienced domestic violence practitioner to join a specialist and dedicated team of IDVA’s supporting male and female high risk victims and advocating and empowering them to decide their next path. The team provide advice, support and advocacy to victims experiencing domestic and sexual abuse and act as the primary point of contact for high risk clients referred to MARAC.
Synopsis of duties:
• Managing a case load of high risk victims of domestic and sexual abuse providing legal advice and advocacy on a range of issues within the family and criminal Justice systems
• Working closely with the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub to ensure partnership and multi-agency work and that clients have a comprehensive support network in place
• Providing additional short-term/crisis support to high risk victims
• Providing safety and exit planning and working with clients to reduce their risk and to enable them to understand how to improve their/their Childrens safety moving forward
• Informing clients on a full range of civil, criminal and practical options that might increase their safety. Attending court and advocating on clients behalf and advising clients on all aspects of the criminal justice system
• Carrying out DASH-RIC Assessments. Making referrals and attending MARAC and other multi-agency meetings, for example child protection conferences, strategy meetings
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of working with Children
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*