Our client is a leading Provider of care to children and young people and they are currently recruiting for an Acquisitions Officer on a permanent basis to work within the Manchester region.
As an Acquisitions Officer, you will successfully source and negotiate the lease of residential properties from the market that meets the required standard, at best price and within the budgets to deliver against contractual obligations. This role will require you to work closely with other departments, especially Housing Officers and the Operations team.
What we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience of working within lettings/an estate agents, a full UK driving license and access to a vehicle and a qualification within Housing would be beneficial but not essential.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle initial enquiries and negotiate with landlords, agents and investors.
- Accurate reporting of existing and new acquisitions
- Ensure compliance for all new acquisitions, utilities set up, appropriate furniture ordered, and keys cut.
- Ensure good quality properties are acquired that meet the relevant standards and have the relevant documentation before contracts are signed.
- Minimise the time between offer accepted to exchange of contracts and assist with the coordinated works so properties are ready to let within agreed timescales.
- Ensure effective liaison and relationship building with agents, developers’ agencies, and other potential landlords to maximise the property pipeline.
- Utilising available tools such as LinkedIn, publications and networking events to grow our profile.
- Ensure all records and data on systems remains updated with accurate information to meet contractual requirements.
This is a full time position between Monday to Friday and it would be 37.5 hours per week. All successful candidates would be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.