Children and Assessment Team
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated social worker who shares our aspirations for children and young people in Oldham. You will be passionate about securing good outcomes for children, young people and families. You will be part of a team of Social Workers that will specialise in meeting the needs of vulnerable children and young people. In this role you will undertake effective assessment and care planning as well as attend child protection case conferences, child in need meetings, legal planning meetings, LAC reviews, professionals’ meetings, and undertake statutory duties. In addition, you will be responsible for the completion of children and family’s assessments to determine thresholds of intervention with children and their families within a safeguarding context.
You will need to have post qualifying experience in Duty and Assessment within a statutory safeguarding setting. You will have knowledge and experience of Safeguarding and of legislation, regulations and guidance relating to Children’s social care together with an ability to assess and manage risk.
As a social worker on the duty and assessment team, you will contribute to the team duty service on a five- week rolling duty system.
You will need to effectively manage a caseload; with varying degrees of complexity dependent upon skills and length of experience and we will provide regular supervision, guidance and support.
You will work in conjunction with partner agencies to deliver effective planning for children and families to ensure positive outcomes for children in Oldham. This will include representing the Council at a range of meetings, proceedings and reviews as required.
If you have a strong commitment to working to secure good outcomes for children in Oldham and operate in an environment that is supportive and targeted towards effective delivery, we would like to hear from you.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**