ROLE: Accommodation Support Worker
CONTRACTS: 4 with potential to be extended
PAY RATE: £13-15ph + approx umbrella
The Homelessness Service are looking for 4 x Support Workers who can work across the city of Manchester, supporting the Afghan refugees.
You will be required to give wraparound support, which will include the following
Identifying need and support levels of the families and singles in the accommodation
Orientating people to the local area
Working with agencies such as the faith sector, voluntary sector, ESOL providers, children’s services and mental health
Working with DWP to complete the habitual residency criteria and claim for benefits at the appropriate time
Providing finances for people whilst waiting for benefits
Helping people access the offers of employment that are coming in
Working with the Home Office, MHCLG and other LAs in moving people on from the hotels into settled accommodation
Helping people access permanent accommodation themselves if that is what they wish to do
Working with hotel management and staff
Dealing with any safeguarding concerns
What's on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 2 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**