2 Family Support Worker (FSW) roles have become available (36 and 18 hours respectively). We are looking for 2 Family Support Workers (FSW) (36 and 18 hours respectively) who can join our dynamic and competent Family Support Service. As an FSW working for Wirral’s Children's Services in a statutory role, you are going to be working directly with children, young people and their families on a one-to-one basis, to enable them achieve their best outcomes, capturing their daily lived experiences, using the SFEF approach. You will liaise closely with the allocated Social Worker to provide updates and developments on your role and involvement with the families. You will also attend multi-agency care planning meetings to provide information about your intervention, its progress and any recommendations and/or concerns that you may have. You will also be expected to write good quality reports for court as directed and record your involvement on the child/young person's records using the SFEF approach to capture the children and young people's daily lived experience. Your role will also entail supervising family time, direct work with children, young people and their families around issues such as parenting, routines and boundaries, home conditions, housing, domestic abuse, Neglect, CSE, physical abuse, life story, family time, etc. You will also signpost children, young people and families to resources/agencies such as Leap Frog, The Hive, Wirral Ways, Freedom Programme respectively, to support them. You are a good team player and able to work on your own initiative. You will be able to work flexibly and during evenings and weekends as needed. You will be working with children and young people who are subject to Child In Need, Child Protection and Child Looked After plans. Your essential attributes include good communication with children and their families; work in an anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory manner; able to engage with resistant families, sound experience and knowledge of child development, the impact of trauma, managing risks and understanding professional boundaries within your FSW role. You will be working in collaboration with other relevant agencies; sharing information with social workers and other relevant professionals. There will be opportunities for you to become champions in your area of expertise e.g. Domestic Abuse; SFEF, Neglect. You will have extensive training opportunities that would continue to enhance your professional development in relation to working and engaging with children, young people and their families.
What's on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 2 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**